Facebook has an excellent tool to help any business improve the revenue production from broadcast emails with special offers.
We’ll get to that in a second…
But first, here is the normal email routine:
- Send a broadcast email to your list with a special offer.
- Your open rate may range from 10-30%, and your click-rate may be from 0.5 to 5%, depending on the strength of your offer.
- Sales are generated, and as a business you are happy because the only cost for the email is the production time.
Does that sound about right?
Now, even if the subject line and the offer isn’t perfect, would it help to expose the offer inside the email to another 10%, or 20% or 30% of your email list for a few extra dollars?
We have seen this working quite well!
For a list size of about 20,000 the normal open rate ranged from 13-16% for periodic offers, and generated 15 – 25 sales per email campaign at an average of $60 per sale.
The tool that’s incredible to improve the revenue is the Facebook Custom Audience tool.
The way to use it is to import your email list into Facebook using the Facebook Custom Audience tool, and then create ads similar to your email offers and send them to the Custom Audience built from your email list.
NOTE: What’s amazing is that since we began using email lists with Facebook in 2015, the percentage of emails on the lists that are also on Facebook has increased from 40% to 80%.
Recently we were able to more than double the exposure of the offer to the email list (3,000 opened the email, and the ads reached 5,800 email list members on Facebook) and double the sales of the email campaign.
If all this sounds foreign, just message us on Facebook, or email email@example.com and we can help you set this up in a snap for your business!
If you want to try it on your own, here’s what to do:
- 1. Import your email list into Facebook with the “Create Audience” tool, and select Custom Audience.
- 2. You will have the option to import your list from a .csv or .txt file, or if you use Mailchimp you can also connect directly to your Mailchimp list from Facebook.
- 3. Once your list is loaded Facebook will search for all profiles that match your emails and build your custom audience.
- 4. Create and send your email with special offer as you normally would.
- 5. Now create an ad with a similar headline to your subject line, special offer content similar to your email, and image similar to your offer image in the email.
- 6. Set up the audience for this ad as the custom audience for your email list.
- 7. Run the ad for 3-4 days around the same time as your email campaign is sent out.
- 8. Reap the rewards!